[sugar] Abiword on the OLPC?

Martin Sevior msevior
Thu Oct 26 21:05:47 EDT 2006

On Thu, 2006-10-26 at 15:51 -0400, Ivan Krsti? wrote:
> J.M. Maurer wrote:
> > I'll do the initial implementation next week if no-one beats me to it.
> > I'll base it upon the document above (which I know is a work in
> > progress).
>
> If you work on this, please be sure to use the latest draft in git (the
> browser is available at http://dev.laptop.org/git.do). Thanks!

Hi Ivan,

I see that subscript/superscript are only accessible in Math Mode. I'm
not convinced this is a good idea. There are many common uses of
subscripts and superscripts which are not related to Maths.

Regarding the Math mode, I suggest you employ "latex" rather than the
full "tex" language. Latex is much more widely used and documented and
can accommodate extremely complex expressions. In addition as an
implementation detail, there exist a rather well established Latex (or
Itex) to MathML translators which will allow currently available
browsers (and AbiWord :-) to create nicely layed out maths rather than
embedded images created via the TeX processor.

Cheers

Martin