[sugar] Porting apps, which ones?

Marco Pesenti Gritti mpg
Fri Oct 20 09:47:12 EDT 2006

Tomeu Vizoso wrote:
> Hi,
>
> regarding evince, perhaps better than having an evince activity would be
> to have a python component that gives the capability of reading pdfs,
> ps, etc, to the other activities.
>
> This component would embed evince and expose an api for turning pages,
> searching, etc.
>
> I have seen some work on an evince activity on the git repository but I
> think there are some files missing.

There should probably be both. The use case for the activity I was
thinking about is opening pdf from web pages mainly, I didn't put a lot
of thinking in it, though.

The stuff in the git repository should actually work. You need to check
out the embedding branch of evince-olpc though. evince-olpc is basically
the component you was talking about. It needs work though and at some
point the changes should be submitted upstream.

If someone is interested to work on this, I can help out to get started.

Marco