[sugar] Porting apps, which ones?

Ivan Krstić krstic
Fri Oct 20 07:43:06 EDT 2006

Bert Freudenberg wrote:
> I was thinking that maybe an email activity would be very nice to have.
> Clean and simple, this is for kids, remember. My own kids are
> overwhelmed by something like Thunderbird. Also, later an integration
> with the other stuff (journal, clipboard, etc) would be needed.

This is planned; we have an (unofficial) document looking at existing
mail clients and the features we'd want to provide:

http://dev.laptop.org/git.do?p=users/jrus/email-spec;a=blob;hb=HEAD;f=email-spec.text

However, Nicholas is opposed to rolling our own mail app for rev1, since
there are a bunch of open infrastructure questions that we ideally
wouldn't have to deal with until rev2. So for the time being, it's
assumed we're going with GMail for e-mail in rev1.

--
Ivan Krsti? <krstic at solarsail.hcs.harvard.edu> | GPG: 0x147C722D