[sugar] Squeak / Etoys RPMs

Ivan Krstić krstic
Tue Oct 10 00:51:59 EDT 2006

Ian Bicking wrote:
> E.g., the Cheetah template language has 420Kb of tests.

We'd presumably drop those.

> My app has 300Kb of Javascript.

We do have compression on JFFS2, so something like Javascript will
certainly wind up quite a bit smaller on the actual flash.

> Paste includes 600Kb that is mostly backported
> stdlib libraries in case you are running on Python 2.3.  I'm not
> entirely sure how to deal with this issue.

I think it's reasonable to say that backwards-compatibility code should
be absent from OLPC activities whenever such code can be relatively
cleanly removed (i.e. isn't deeply embedded all over the codebase). No
idea whether that's the case with Paste.

--
Ivan Krsti? <krstic at solarsail.hcs.harvard.edu> | GPG: 0x147C722D