[sugar] Re: [oats-sig] OLPC and AT

Jonathan Chetwynd j.chetwynd
Mon Nov 27 14:26:48 EST 2006

well it's at least worth noting that the NintendoDS which is in a
similar price bracket does have a touchscreen, that presumably isnt
fragile or expensive.
iirc the Zaurus also has one, though the starting price is higher, it
does run a pretty complete version of linus on a fabulous 640x480
screen.

regards

Jonathan Chetwynd

On 27 Nov 2006, at 18:32, Stone Mirror (the Great and Terrible) [?
??????] wrote:

On 11/24/06 6:08 AM, "Jonathan Chetwynd" <j.chetwynd at btinternet.com>
wrote:

> It seems that a touchscreen has been rejected by OLPC, though this
> isn't certain.

I can't speak to the definitive status of touchscreens on OLPC hardware
(although there isn't one on the latest incarnation, or if there is,
that's
a surprise to me). I _can_ say that touchscreen technology is both
expensive
and fragile, attributes which make it unattractive for a device with
OLPC's
goals...

--
David "Lefty" Schlesinger