[sugar] A few more toolbar buttons for AbiWord?

Robert Staudinger robert.staudinger
Mon Nov 20 08:20:51 EST 2006

On 11/20/06, msevior at physics.unimelb.edu.au
<msevior at physics.unimelb.edu.au> wrote:

> >  From the implementation point of view what I would really like to see
> > is an embeddable GTK widget (with python bindings) rather than the
> > socket trick...

I was under the impression that after the move to matchbox the "socket
trick" wouldn't be needed any more (sorry, not following closely
recently).

> Hmm. This will require producing a libAbiWord.so and linking to that. Rob
> put together some code last year to this but it was never incorporated
> into the mainline build.

Well, it was just a hack to try whether it was possible with my
limited understanding of the codebase. I'd recommend against including
it without a thorough overhaul.

Best,
Rob