[sugar] Couple of questions

Tom Hoffman tom.hoffman
Mon Jul 24 00:22:29 EDT 2006

On 7/23/06, David Nielsen <david at lovesunix.net> wrote:
> s?n, 23 07 2006 kl. 19:13 +0100, skrev Mike Hearn:
> > OK cool, great answer, thanks! What about the first question? :)
>
> One could imagine using a default image and hope for the respective
> schools to get cameras donated, the interface appears to present no big
> problems with replacing the user profile image.
> We can't solve every problem but we can make it easy for the children to
> adapt the laptop to their conditions, if they have access to a camera
> giving them the chance to personalize their laptop is a rather neat
> idea.

Or the kids could draw an avatar with a drawing application?  Or,
realistically, they'll download pictures of their favorite anime
characters, etc.

(also, I can't help pointing out that if we were talking about laptops
for the US, the problem would be how to STOP kids from using
photographs of themselves)

--Tom