[sugar] Installing Sugar on Ubuntu 6.06 Linux.

Dan Williams dcbw
Fri Aug 25 12:00:24 EDT 2006

On Fri, 2006-08-25 at 17:14 +0200, Osmo Maatta wrote:
> Hello all,
>
> I just installed Sugar on my Ubuntu Linux desktop.
>
> I encountered following issues:
>
> When running
> $ cd /home/moma/sugar-jhbuild/
> $ ./sugar-jhbuild
>

> 1)  Error: Cannot create directory `/home/ruan'. Permission denied.
> (hard coded directory name).

Where is that directory hard-coded?  Did you copy the sugar-jhbuild
installation from somebody else's machine without re-running autogen.sh?
Obviously that's not going to work if you just copy it when it's already
been configured.

Try doing a fresh git pull and see if that makes it work.

Dan