[sugar] odd dbus sugar error

Dan Williams dcbw
Tue Aug 15 17:13:11 EDT 2006

Marco,

I'm not seeing this after a rawhide update when clicking the 'Share'
button for a web activity:

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/home/dcbw/Development/olpc/sugar-jhbuild/build/lib/python2.4/site-packages/sugar/logger.py", line 55, in _log
    self._messages, timeout = 1000)
TypeError: log() got an unexpected keyword argument 'timeout'

Relevant code snippet is this:

		self._console.log(self._console_id, self._levels,
						  self._messages, timeout = 1000)

In this case, log() is a D-Bus method.  'timeout' should be a supported
keyword for the dbus python bindings.  However, it doesn't seem to be
getting picked up as a keyword argument through all the dbus python
binding __getattr__ magic.  I'll try to investigate more, wondering if
you had any ideas right away.

Dan