[SoaS] An Introduction

Walter Bender walter.bender at gmail.com
Mon Nov 20 08:51:14 EST 2017

On Mon, Nov 20, 2017 at 8:14 AM, Mike Stroud <midrandopensource at gmail.com>
wrote:

> Hello Group,
>
> My name is Mike, and I live in South Africa. I have been an avid Open
> Source and GNU/Linux for a number of years. I am trying to introduce Open
> Source software into South African schools, but they are set in their ways
> (read: they use Microsoft).
>
> I would like to help but I'm not a coder (I used to know COBOL). I could
> do testing and help with QA, though.
>
> One thing I've spotted already:
>
> the website https://wiki.sugarlabs.org/go/Joining_Sugar_on_a_Stick#
> Introduce_yourself
>
> has the option to "Go to the Sugar on a Stick project on OpenHatch".
> <http://openhatch.org/+projects/Sugar%20on%20a%20Stick>

Oh. That page in the wiki is a bit stake (last edited 7 years ago). I'm not
sure anyone is maintaining the OpenHatch project anymore. But I will fix
the link nonetheless. Feel free to use this email list for questions (or
come to our our IRC channel: irc.freenode.net #sugar or chat.sugarlabs.org).

> <http://openhatch.org/+projects/Sugar%20on%20a%20Stick>
>
> but when you click on it it takes you to a "404 Not Found". It goes to:
>
> http://openhatch.org/+projects/Sugar%20on%20a%20Stick
>
> when it should be:
>
> https://openhatch.org/projects/Sugar%20on%20a%20Stick
>
> (there's an uneccessary "+" in the URL).
>
> Thanks!
>
> Mike

Walter Bender
Sugar Labs