[SoaS] An Introduction

Mike Stroud midrandopensource at gmail.com
Mon Nov 20 08:14:51 EST 2017

Hello Group,

My name is Mike, and I live in South Africa. I have been an avid Open
Source and GNU/Linux for a number of years. I am trying to introduce
Open Source software into South African schools, but they are set in
their ways (read: they use Microsoft).

I would like to help but I'm not a coder (I used to know COBOL). I could
do testing and help with QA, though.

One thing I've spotted already:

the website
https://wiki.sugarlabs.org/go/Joining_Sugar_on_a_Stick#Introduce_yourself

has the option to "Go to the Sugar on a Stick project on OpenHatch".
<http://openhatch.org/+projects/Sugar%20on%20a%20Stick>

but when you click on it it takes you to a "404 Not Found". It goes to:

http://openhatch.org/+projects/Sugar%20on%20a%20Stick

when it should be:

https://openhatch.org/projects/Sugar%20on%20a%20Stick

(there's an uneccessary "+" in the URL).

Thanks!

Mike