[SoaS] Technical Release - Sugar 0.110

Kalpa Welivitigoda callkalpa at gmail.com
Mon Feb 20 07:23:53 EST 2017

Hi Peter,

Can we get this release for f25 as well? ATM I see that it's only for rawhide.

On a different note, I saw a number of bugzilla tickets created as a
number of sugar activity packages failed to build. As per my findings,
it is because sugar-toolkit-gtk3 code generates a .desktop file from
the information in the activity.info file. In doing so, it appends the
BUILDROOT to Icon and Path properties in the .desktop file. This fails
the check in /usr/lib/rpm/check-buildroot. Please find the scratch
build [1] for reference.

PR [2] makes the .desktop file creation configurable via a flag passed
to setup.py. If we can get a release out with this fix, I think we can
fix the current build failures. The other option is after %install, we
can delete the .desktop file from the build.

Appreciate your thoughts on this issue.

[1] /usr/lib/rpm/check-buildroot
[2] https://github.com/sugarlabs/sugar-toolkit-gtk3/pull/362

On Tue, Nov 22, 2016 at 9:18 PM, Peter Robinson <pbrobinson at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi Sam,
>
> I apologise, I never saw the release announcement for any of the dev
> releases in this cycle nor the GA announcement. I'm not sure what
> happened as I thought I was on the sugar-devel list. TBH I have seen
> so little discussion I thought the cycle had been delayed or
> something.
>
> Is there a summary/overview of what's changed (particularly in terms
> of new/changed dependencies)?
>
> What's the plans for the next cycle so I can ensure we don't miss that
> one too. Also if you are able, or know someone that is, to help out
> with the packaging/updates of the packages in Fedora that would also
> help out too. Happy to help mentor anyone interested in getting
> actively involved in maintaining Sugar in Fedora.
>
> Peter
>
> On Tue, Nov 22, 2016 at 10:52 AM, Sam P. <sam at sam.today> wrote:
>> Hi SoaS contributors,
>>
>> This is the latest release, and it hasn't been packaged yet for Fedora :(
>>
>> Thanks,
>> Sam

Best Regards,

Kalpa Welivitigoda