[SoaS] [Sugar-devel] SOAS

David Leeming david at leeming-consulting.com
Tue Jul 21 20:31:04 EDT 2015

Iain,

I have installed SOAS using Linuxlive www.linuxliveusb.com which will also install Virtualbox, that it runs from the emulator almost perfectly so far (the only issue I saw was it did not detect the camera) No errors booting (as long as you use the correct 32/64 bit version for your machine) and so far I am Speaking and Turtle-ing with no problems, very responsive, in Windows! Launching in Windows apparently does not support persistence but it is a super easy intro to the full power of Linux!

Booting from the USB on my main machine, I found on one larger i7 laptop it will hang after a few minutes, but it seems stable on another less powerful notebook. I will try other USB sticks. But as long as we know there may be some hardware issues, we can live with it. It is great.

Many thanks for the tip as it was spot on. Use LinuxLiveUSB to install it and it will run nicely in Virtualbox

David Leeming
Solomon Islands Rural Link
P.O.Box 652 Honiara, Solomon Islands
+677 7476396 (m) +677 24419 (h)