[SoaS] . Re: Live respin (Sam P.)

James Cameron quozl at laptop.org
Fri Dec 25 19:46:20 EST 2015

You could not do my procedure?  Why not?

Is there anyone who cares about this Documents folder problem apart
from me?  I guess not, so I shall follow the crowd and abandon
interest too.  It isn't a problem that affects me.

Now, I don't think this problem will ever be fixed.

On Thu, Dec 24, 2015 at 03:47:30PM +0300, Davidson Gonçalves de Souza wrote:
> Hi Sam!
> >I tried to do the procedure suggested by James Cameron, but could not.
> >So we decided the following:
> >Who want to use one stick, then stick with Fedora_22_SoaS. If we use the
> version available for you, and will update the kernel (because the kernel that
> comes in .iso is not compatible with the intel graphics accelerators of pcs of
> my neighbors).
> >Who want to use the Fedora_23_SoaS until the release of Fedora_24_SoaS, you
> must use two USB sticks. We even try to partition a USB stick to 'pretend' of
> 'another stick' but we did not succeed.
> >I'll install Fedora 23 Workstation to see if the problem is in our computers,
> or if it's just the Fedora_23_SoaS who have this problem.
> >At first the system does not create directories "Documents", "Videos",
> "Photos" and etc ... And this happens even in 'live', before we install
> definitely on the stick.
>
> >On the installation method we use:
>
> >We installed the system in 8GB USB Keys. But some people install the system on
> your computer's hard drive in dual boot with Windows. In this case, they use 20
> Gb space.
> >As I talked about in social Help Brazil's staff is half 'crazy' and so use the
> system normally for just about everything else a normal do.
> >Examples:
> >They download music and decompress files using Terminal commands or
> File-roller;
> >They do download files through the Transmission Programme;
> >Watch DVDs using the VLC Media Player;
> >We are testing the VLC Video Capture to do tutorials on the Sugar interface;
> >And we use the normal activities; The most used are the Jukebox, Browse, Write
> and Terminal. Paint and Image will also be used gradually. The rest of us will
> discover little by little, alone or with children.
>
> >That's why we got a little 'desperate' for we do not see the Documents folder.
> >___< But time passes quickly, and in a moment we are Fedora_24_SoaS and
> everything falls into place.
>
> >Merry Christmas to you and thank you for your attention!

James Cameron
http://quozl.netrek.org/