[SoaS] Documents folder in the Journal

James Cameron quozl at laptop.org
Sun Dec 6 15:31:32 EST 2015

On Sat, Dec 05, 2015 at 09:02:19PM +0300, Davidson Gonçalves de Souza wrote:
> I like to know if there will be a Re-Spin the Fedora_23_SOAS with
> the bugs?

Don't think so.  Hasn't happened before.

> I'm asking because Fedora_23_SOAS without the Documents folder is
> horrible to use.

What's the problem?  Is there a ticket for this?

Documents folder should only be shown in Sugar Journal if the system
was built with support for Sugar and GNOME desktop.  SoaS is for Sugar
desktop only, so Documents folder not required.

> For simple tasks, how to extract rar files, I need two USB sticks
> (one for the operating system and the other to 'pretend to be the
> Documents folder').

That's a complicated way to work around the problem.  Have you tried
creating a Documents folder instead?

What do you see if you run this command in Terminal activity?

	xdg-user-dir DOCUMENTS

Is there a file

	~/.config/user-dirs.dirs

?

(If I could afford the bandwidth, I'd download SoaS and try it myself,
but sorry, it costs too much.)

> I thought the problem would be my computer. However I tested the
> installation in 5 different models and in any documents folder
> appeared.
>
> So, humbly, I need to know which computers you've done these tests,
> for me this folder does not show up.

Thomas lists the computers he does the tests on.  But I don't think
his test includes Documents folder.

> I also apologize for not participating in tests. Next I try to help.

Great!

--
James Cameron
http://quozl.netrek.org/