[SoaS] EToys-116 <- Tests with Fedora-Live-SoaS-i686-21-TC3

Jean THIERY Jean.Thiery at ModLibre.info
Mon Nov 24 17:36:53 EST 2014

Hello,

Le 24/11/2014 12:10, Bert Freudenberg a écrit :

>>> That looks weird ... does it work if you run "etoys" from the Terminal activity?
>>
>> Thank you Bert for your reply,
>> Yes, Etoys starts ok when I simply:
>> run "etoys" from the Terminal activity.
>> Why is this? what is wrong with the Sugar launcher?
>
> I have no idea.
> The error message should actually mean it doesn't work at all.
> But you're saying it is running, albeit incorrectly ("screen filled with cars").
> Maybe those two are unrelated.
> The latter might have to do with being run full-screen vs. windowed.
> We didn't change anything in Etoys so I think it must be some environmental change?
>
> - Bert -

Below you will find some comments on EToys-116 tested
with Fedora-Live-SoaS-i686-21-TC3 (run in English or in French).
Previous tests were run with Fedora-Live-SoaS-i686-21_Beta-4.

[S] = EToys run with the Sugar launcher
[T] = EToys run from the Terminal activity

[S] and [T] display the same message
« Cannot find image file: squeak, did you run 'inisqueak -m'? ».

If we type 'inisqueak -m' in a terminal, we obtain
« No default image, looking for alternatives... »
« I could not find an image to install.
   Did you install squeak-image ?
   Please check your Squeak installation. »

[T] If we run EToys from the Terminal activity
and click on "okay" (in the "inisqueak" message),
Sugar displays a small nice window with a running car.
I tested few projects without problem :
ParticlesDyeInWater, ParticlesEpidemic and ParticlesGasModel.

[S] If we run EToys with the Sugar launcher
and click on "okay" (in the "inisqueak" message),
Sugar displays a not usable empty window
(no more filled by cars like with the beta-4 version).
If we click on the window, we obtain an error message :
« An error has occurred; you should probably just hit
   'abandon'. Sorry. »
« Une erreur est survenue ! Je crains que la seule chose
   que tu puisses faire, c'est d'appuyer sur "abandonner".
   Désolé ».

NB: similar behaviors (with or without a lot of cars)
were obtained with previous versions of Sugar,
e.g., last year.

Sometimes, the window cannot be closed even with ctrl-Q.

Attached files may give better information.

Thank you for porting EToys to SoaS,

Soon on Internet,

Jean [Jean.Thiery(ò)ModLibre.info][http://ModLibre.info/]