[SoaS] SoaS 10 liveinst OK but two questions

Peter Robinson pbrobinson at gmail.com
Tue Apr 29 17:32:33 EDT 2014

On Tue, Apr 29, 2014 at 9:52 PM, Sean DALY <sdaly.be at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi Peter et. al.,
>
> I successfully booted an Asus netbook with SoaS 10 from an optical disk,
> then did a liveinst and installed to hard disk.
>
> Sugar works great but I have two questions:
>
> 1) Is it possible to install the GNOME desktop too?

Yes, I run it like that on a number of machines. If you're familiar
enough with a terminal "sudo yum install @gnome-desktop" should be
enough. After a reboot you should have an option to select the desktop
at login. Let me know if you have issues.

> 2) I have been unable to get my 3G USB card to work. I am fairly sure this
> card has worked with other machines under Sugar.

It should work just fine, I'm not aware of any issues with 3G dongles
but I personally don't have a vast array to test with so it's not to
say there's not an issue. Make sure you have all the latest OS updates
applied and if it still doesn't work if you can include some more
details of make/model/carrier I can help get it sorted.