[SoaS] [Marketing] links from homepage to Downloads page

Peter Robinson pbrobinson at gmail.com
Tue Feb 5 05:49:54 EST 2013

On Tue, Feb 5, 2013 at 10:44 AM, Daniel Narvaez <dwnarvaez at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi Peter,
>
> thanks for taking the time to answer in detail!
>
> I think most of your points can be summarized as: it would be cool but
> it has never been done before and so it's too hard. Well, first of all
> I'm happy you find some of these things would be nice to have. Second,
> I think they are possible and I hope to prove you wrong on the too
> hard part whenever I find time to hack on them.

NO! You have me completely wrong with the "it has never been done
before and so it's too hard" so please don't summarise me with a
completely bullshit marketing statement. It has been attempted a
number of times before, go and read the archives, and each time they
come back to the current status quo because of the problems with it.

I look forward to you attempts though. I think there's better ways to
be dealing with making it simpler though. Bootloaders are hard and
Fedora has some of the brightest people in the world working on those.
Just go and read the recent stuff with SecureBoot...