[SoaS] [Marketing] links from homepage to Downloads page

DancesWithCars danceswithcars at gmail.com
Tue Feb 5 05:42:41 EST 2013

---
odd nonstandard keyboard so who knows what I intended to type...
On Feb 3, 2013 6:35 PM, "Peter Robinson" <pbrobinson at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Sun, Feb 3, 2013 at 3:30 PM, DancesWithCars <danceswithcars at gmail.com>
wrote:
> > I'd like to call it a Software Sandbox
> > instead of Virtualization,
> > or emulation, having had one 64 bit machine
> > with Virtualization support in the CPU
>
> What?!?! And confuse them even more? Really?

Virtual isn't real, as in Virtual Reality,
Sandbox is a metaphor for teachers of younger
kids and likely older to that might stick...

> > What machines are teachers using?
> > Are the schools locking them down,
> > in Windows only environments?
> > do they have Admin rights?
>
> I don't see what admin rights in Windows has to do with SoaS. Ability
> to boot from something other than the HDD maybe.

ability to download and install a VM

w/o it they might be able to download a large file
(soas xxnn.iso)
burning software may or may not be available,
as is the ability to put a stick in,
viruses and all...

centralized student records, lock down
everything