[SoaS] [Marketing] links from homepage to Downloads page

Peter Robinson pbrobinson at gmail.com
Sun Feb 3 18:32:15 EST 2013

On Sun, Feb 3, 2013 at 1:29 PM, Sean DALY <sdaly.be at gmail.com> wrote:
> It's clear that anything other than pre-installed raises a barrier
> most teachers don't want to deal with. However, getting Sugar
> referenced with an OEM is far easier said than done. And Apple is not
> particularly motivated to encourage others to boot non-Apple OSes on
> their hardware.

Really? Got some evidence?

> In the meantime, we have to make the difficult as simple as possible.
> This includes installers and documentation including videos.

It's pretty simple now, either create the usb stick or bind the ISO
image to the VM and boot it. All VMs have excellent documentation how
to boot an ISO. They then get the identical experience across ALL
platforms... now that is simple!

> I don't want to underestimate teachers' motivation to find software
> for their students, either. I have found that Sugar's unbeatable price
> and nonprofit orientation are consistently appreciated by teachers.

You seem to forget the lack of resources in the technical side for us
to support all these images.