[SoaS] New Tutorial: Install of SoaS to a VirtualBox HD

Thomas Gilliard satellit at bendbroadband.com
Fri May 18 23:08:32 EDT 2012

Christopher;
> When I load the VM
> from the ISO it goes to the fedora live boot screen. I am inquiring any
> relevant advice or solution that may be provided that I may successfully run
> Sugar as a VM (preferably on VMware).
I think that you are not disconnecting the .iso before rebooting the install.
This will just reboot the live CD.

I hope that this helps your project.

Cordially;

Tom Gilliard
satellit_ on #sugar freenode IRC

I have written a simple tutorial -Installing SoaS-v7 on VirtualBox.[1]
(This procedure will work on most versions of Sugar-on a Stick Live CD's)
You may also want to look at these other tutorials.[2]

[1]http://wiki.sugarlabs.org/go/Sugar_Creation_Kit/sck/VirtualBox_Soas_Install

[2]http://wiki.sugarlabs.org/go/Sugar_Creation_Kit#Introduction_to_the_Sugar_Interface