[SoaS] Update SoaS Page on Wiki?

Peter Robinson pbrobinson at gmail.com
Tue Jun 5 09:23:32 EDT 2012

On Sat, Jun 2, 2012 at 5:54 PM, Frederick Grose <fgrose at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Sat, Jun 2, 2012 at 11:55 AM, Thomas Gilliard
> <satellit at bendbroadband.com> wrote:
>>
>> Fred;
>>
>> Should we update   web page on wiki
>>  http://wiki.sugarlabs.org/go/Sugar_on_a_Stick
>> to:
>>  http://wiki.sugarlabs.org/go/Sugar_on_a_Stick/Quandong ?
>>
>> (I am not the one to do this.)
>>
>> I have updated the Download  and announcement links, but the bottom
>> section of the page needs to be  updated.
>>
>> Cordially;
>>
>> Tom Gilliard
>> satellit_
>

> I generally wait for a separate announcement on soas at lists.sugarlabs.org,
> and clearly, Peter has a lot on his plate.

Announcement sent, I thought I had but it was a busy couple of weeks.

> I was actually hoping that the Etoys packaging could get sorted first, and
> that Quandong were delayed like Coconut (but hopefully no as long).  But I
> don't have an idea of how long that would take.

We missed the boat for eToys on the 5th of May when Fedora went to
hard freeze, I was only notified of the issue a couple of days before
release once the release was already cut and on it's way to the
mirrors. Ultimately we need to widen the testing and people need to
notify the mailing list sooner rather than later on these issues. It's
not the first time this has happened.