[SoaS] [Sugar-devel] MacBook_Persistent_SoaS_v5_and_SoaS_v6_EFI_Boot_USB ( boots directly from USB )

Peter Robinson pbrobinson at gmail.com
Thu Nov 10 12:26:07 EST 2011

On Thu, Nov 10, 2011 at 5:17 PM, Raffael Reichelt
<raffael.reichelt at googlemail.com> wrote:
> Hello!
> There are some pitfalls as well ...
>
> 2011/11/9 Raffael Reichelt <raffael.reichelt at googlemail.com>
>>
>> Hello Peter!
>> It finally works! Got a working F16/Sugar V6 with persistence booting on
>> my MacBookAir, late 2008 from usb.
>
> Yes, it boots up, but no persistence, no WLAN.  Does someone has an Idea
> what else I may have to change? WLAN is a must due to the fact my MacBookAir
> only has one USB - I do have one of this nice XO branded usb2ethernet
> adaptors, thanks to Samuel and his care package, but unfortunately (s.a.) no
> more usb free...

Persistence is down to how you write the ISO. The lack of wifi is
likely because of the lack of a driver for your wifi, that might
change with the 3.2 kernel as I think Broadcom drivers have been
merged finally, but then I'm only guessing as I have no idea what HW
the Mac's use. USB Hub?