[SoaS] [Sugar-devel] MacBook_Persistent_SoaS_v5_and_SoaS_v6_EFI_Boot_USB ( boots directly from USB )

Raffael Reichelt raffael.reichelt at googlemail.com
Thu Nov 10 12:17:57 EST 2011

Hello!

There are some pitfalls as well ...

2011/11/9 Raffael Reichelt <raffael.reichelt at googlemail.com>

> Hello Peter!
>
> It finally works! Got a working F16/Sugar V6 with persistence booting on
> my MacBookAir, late 2008 from usb.
>
> Yes, it boots up, but no persistence, no WLAN.  Does someone has an Idea
what else I may have to change? WLAN is a must due to the fact my
MacBookAir only has one USB - I do have one of this nice XO branded
usb2ethernet adaptors, thanks to Samuel and his care package, but
unfortunately (s.a.) no more usb free...

The boot command is actually:

kernel /EFI/boot/vmlinuz0 root=live:LABEL=SOAS-V6 rootfstype=auto rw
liveimg overlay=UUID=F44E-730C quiet  rhgb rd.luks=0 rd.md=0 rd.dm=0

Regards,
Raffael