[SoaS] [Sugar-devel] MacBook_Persistent_SoaS_v5_and_SoaS_v6_EFI_Boot_USB ( boots directly from USB )

Caryl Bigenho cbigenho at hotmail.com
Wed Nov 9 12:36:58 EST 2011

Hi All..
Are we talking about Coconut or Pineapple?
Caryl

Date: Wed, 9 Nov 2011 18:24:52 +0100
From: raffael.reichelt at googlemail.com
To: soas at lists.sugarlabs.org
Subject: Re: [SoaS] [Sugar-devel] MacBook_Persistent_SoaS_v5_and_SoaS_v6_EFI_Boot_USB ( boots directly from USB )

Hello Peter!
It finally works! Got a working F16/Sugar V6 with persistence booting on my MacBookAir, late 2008 from usb.
Sorry, I am not the kind of low-level, deep into it Linux-Guy. The Problem was the grub root= parameter. I prepared my Sticks with liveusb-creator on a fedora 15. This parameter was set to the name of the .iso - File: wrong. Should be the name of the usb volume.

ANYWAY: Great! And I am really happy!
Regards,Raffael