[SoaS] want to contribute to Sugar on a Stick - introducing myself

Peter Robinson pbrobinson at gmail.com
Thu Nov 3 08:37:50 EDT 2011

On Thu, Nov 3, 2011 at 11:41 AM, Kalpa Welivitigoda <callkalpa at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi Peter,
>
> On Thu, Nov 3, 2011 at 4:30 PM, Peter Robinson <pbrobinson at gmail.com> wrote:
>> Hi Kalpa,
>>
>>> Well, since I have packages sugar-ruler successfully and there are
>>> some more to be reviewed, I now have an understanding of the process.
>>> And I hope that I'm in a state to co-maintain some sugar activities.
>>> So if you wish me to co-maintain add me to them.
>>
>> Sorry for my tardiness on getting some more packages reviewed. I've
>> been busy in cleaning up my Fedora 16 duties as well as various other
>> releases. The last month has been busy!
>>

> It's ok. Hope they will get reviewed when you are free.

With luck the coming weeks. Although I've said that before...

>> So you need to apply for co-maintainership of packages yourself. To do
>> this go to the following URLs and request watchbugzilla watchcommits
>> and commit on devel, F16, F15
>>
>> https://admin.fedoraproject.org/pkgdb/acls/name/sugar-typing-turtle
>> https://admin.fedoraproject.org/pkgdb/acls/name/sugar-visualmatch
>> https://admin.fedoraproject.org/pkgdb/acls/name/sugar-abacus
>> https://admin.fedoraproject.org/pkgdb/acls/name/sugar-jukebox
>> https://admin.fedoraproject.org/pkgdb/acls/name/sugar-labyrinth
>>
>> Let me know if you have any issues or queries.
>>

> Thanks for the guidance.
>
> I requested the permission as you stated and waiting for the
> permission on commit for all the packages and updates of them to
> proceed.

I've done abacus, sdz will do the rest when he awakes.

> btw, since a package is maintained by more than one, how can we make
> sure that there won't be any conflicts. For example when a new release
> is available, if all the maintainers build and update, there is a
> conflicts. Does the system itself warn of such conflicts or do the
> maintainers have to have a mutual understanding on the thing?

It generally shouldn't be a problem. Nothing happens until you "push"
to central and in that case you'll get conflicts. Generally it won't
be a problem. sdz is busy at uni and I'm quite happy to let you take
the lead on them so basically i'll leave them to you to deal with
unless you want help with a particular problem.

BTW do you have a XO laptop?