[SoaS] [Sugar-devel] MacBook_Persistent_SoaS_v5_and_SoaS_v6_EFI_Boot_USB ( boots directly from USB )

Thomas C Gilliard satellit at bendbroadband.com
Wed Nov 2 15:22:35 EDT 2011

Caryl:
look at:
http://wiki.sugarlabs.org/go/Community/Distributions/Fedora-SoaS#Soasv6-Desktop_EFI_USB_Builder_prebuilt_Virtualbox_Appliance

I am uploading it now (This should be available to download in several
hours) after I finish testing the Download here.

This is an importable VirtualBox Appliance  that has all of the tools
needed to build an EFI boot USB.

The problem is that the EFI boot USB does not boot on all Macs...
my 8.1 MacBook Pro i7 boots and works well but my wife's MacBook Air
does not...
I am also building an importable Virtual Box Appliance of Soav6 so that
it will run in OSX on the Mac.
The VirtualBox version of Soas is preferred as wireless is handled in
the VirtualBox envelope.

Regards;

Tom Gilliard

Note:
  A Soasv5 Coconut importable virtualbox appliance is already on the wiki
http://wiki.sugarlabs.org/go/Sugar_Creation_Kit#Sugar_on_a_Stick-V5-Coconut