[SoaS] f15 DVD and netinstall of sugar-desktop:sugar- activities have submenus but Fedora-15-Nightly-20110506.17-i686-Live-soas.iso nightly compose CD does not

Peter Robinson pbrobinson at gmail.com
Sat May 7 09:10:08 EDT 2011

Thomas,

Please post this to the SoaS mailing list. It allows others to assist
in the problem resolution.

On Sat, May 7, 2011 at 4:03 AM, Thomas C Gilliard
<satellit at bendbroadband.com> wrote:
> Peter;
>
> FYI:
>
> The (branched)nightly compose do not have activity sub-menus. But;
> I just did a hard Disk TC1 netinstall of sugar-desktop (without gnome) and a
> TC1 DVD install where there are working sub-menus in the activities.

Can you log into both systems and do "rpm -qa >
soas-DETAILS-OF-THE-SYSTEM.txt" so I can compare packages. This is
very interesting.

> There is no way to log in to wireless in the soas nightlys. Only wired
> connections work.

Known issue. Hoping for a fix very soon.

> Plus only after a CP/color change restart via gdm can the jabber be seen.*
> The jabber on f1 is blank when first started after boot.
> Can this be a result of the autologon?

No. This has been discussed before.

> It would be nice to remove browse-120 and make surf-115 a favorite on the
> kickstart file.

Doing that this morning. I've been at a conference all week.

> The logout option also would be nice to not remove on the .ks file then the
> jabber restore*  would be simpler to accomplish.

Not sure what you mean on this one.

Thanks,