[SoaS] f15 gnome3 install to HD with sugar0.92.0 and how to edit menus with alacarte

Thomas C Gilliard satellit at bendbroadband.com
Mon Mar 14 20:52:55 EDT 2011

Peter;

This is strange the USB created by dd command seems to be the only way I
have gotten a good install. It boots fine as gnome3 x86-64 in ACER
ASPIRE ONE and as  gnome2 version (fallback) in EeePC100HE? 32 bit .iso
USB works for both.
VirtualBox4.0.4 starts as fallback as expected.

I am able to install by yum groupinstall* --skip-broken due to missing
dependencies on an application.
I have tried using f15 and f14 fedora livecd-tools :
> livecd-creator \
>  --config=/home/sugar/Desktop/spin-kickstarts/fedora-sugar-live-desktop.ks
> \
>  --fslabel=desktop-soas-v5-123032011 --cache=/var/cache/live --verbose
(see attached 2 .ks files)
but run out of room on / when it tries to install?

Soas has not worked so far.
I just tried to open todays soas-i386-20110314 in VirtualBox4.0.4
It stops with a pop up :

        [failed to load session "gnome openbox"]
                                                           [X Close]

The Sugar Creation Kit entries are notes I just wrote today and I will
probably move them to:
 http://wiki.sugarlabs.org/go/Community/Distributions/Fedora