[SoaS] USB Automount

Esteban Bordón ebordon at plan.ceibal.edu.uy
Tue Jun 28 11:21:05 EDT 2011

I found the source of the problem.

I've created the file ~/.xinitrc for boot gnome with code:

# Desktop selection
desktop=sugar
if [ -e "$HOME/.olpc-active-desktop" ]; then
    active=$(<$HOME/.olpc-active-desktop)
    if [ "${active}" == "gnome" ]; then
        desktop=gnome-session
        install_switch_desktop_icon
    fi
fi

exec $desktop

If this file is present automount doesn't work and this file is not present
I can't boot gnome.

cheers,

 Esteban Bordón
Investigación y Desarrollo - Plan Ceibal
Centro Ceibal - Av. Italia 6201 - Montevideo, Uruguay