[SoaS] new SoaSv5 test image - Last change to test and fix issues

Thomas C Gilliard satellit at bendbroadband.com
Tue Jun 14 22:40:25 EDT 2011

Testing 06/14/2011
->Trying to create a 2 GB .img file for dd writing to 2 GB USB's<-

SoaSv5-20110612-i686.iso - fresh download
http://fedora.roving-it.com/SoaSv5-20110612-i686.iso
*boot CD ACER ASPIRE ONE N450-(external usb DVD/CD writer)
:insert new USB (Lexar firefly 4GB)
*sugar terminal
 su
 password (not needed)
:liveinst
 custom
 / ext4  fill all of usb
 no swap
 > copyright on f15 anacona install screen is 2003-2010<
 sucessful
*start f15 gnome3-shell from 500GB external HD install
insert new USB
*gparted:
: check device name
terminal: #
dd if=/dev/sdb of=SoaSv5-20110612 bs=4k
*gparted:
resize partition to <2GiB
*Boot resized USB
nm-connection-editor
wireless add
(wep ascii password)
connects to AP as finish adding ssid
surf and IRC connect on wireless
NO Jabber connection
Insert wired network
My Settings/About Me/color change; restart
f1 Neighborhood fills with > 200 Avitars
unplug eth0
My Settings/About Me/color change; restart
f1 Neighborhood is empty

*note jabber only seems to work on a wired eth0 connection
:wireless does not see jabber
: "did not start" message not present as often on starting applications
:restart works w/o Plymouth: (nomodeset progress bars)

Tom Gilliard
satellit