[SoaS] new SoaSv5 test image - Last change to test and fix issues

Frederick Grose fgrose at gmail.com
Mon Jun 13 00:58:43 EDT 2011

On Sun, Jun 12, 2011 at 3:49 PM, Peter Robinson <pbrobinson at gmail.com>wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> I was hoping to have this out over a week ago but I had a slight diversion
> via hospital which delayed proceedings.
>
> So below are links to a new pair (32 and 64 bit) of images for your testing
> pleasure.
>
> http://fedora.roving-it.com/SoaSv5-20110612-x86_64.iso
> http://fedora.roving-it.com/SoaSv5-20110612-i686.iso
>
> The network issue is still there, its partially working from the work that
> I did with some assistance from John Dulaney. I've included another utility
> to enable initial configuration of a wireless access point and from there it
> will auto connect and should mostly work. There's issues with the main
> network view and in the control panel but it seems no one else cares enough
> to assist me in getting it fixed. To configure an AP run the command
> "nm-connection-editor" from a terminal as the standard user (not root).
>
> I don't believe there are any other major blockers for this release. If you
> believe there to be any issues speak up now and provide fixes for it.
>
> NOTE: This is the last chance to test and get things fixed. Please provide
> concise details to any issues in reply to this mail.
>
> Cheers,
> Peter

x86_64.iso installed with onboard livecd-iso-to-disk.

Surf, Terminal, Log, Physics, Clock, Record, Turtle Art failed to launch,
all with error logs similar to this:

** Message: pygobject_register_sinkfunc is deprecated (HippoCanvasBox)
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/bin/sugar-activity", line 21, in <module>
    main.main()
  File "/usr/lib/python2.7/site-packages/sugar/activity/main.py", line 158,
in main
    create_activity_instance(activity_constructor, activity_handle)
  File "/usr/lib/python2.7/site-packages/sugar/activity/main.py", line 37,
in create_activity_instance
    activity = constructor(handle)
  File "/usr/share/sugar/activities/Terminal.activity/terminal.py", line 54,
in __init__
    activity.Activity.__init__(self, handle)
  File "/usr/lib/python2.7/site-packages/sugar/activity/activity.py", line
328, in __init__
    warn_if_none=False)
  File "/usr/lib/python2.7/site-packages/sugar/presence/presenceservice.py",
line 89, in get_activity
    dbus_interface=CONN_INTERFACE_ACTIVITY_PROPERTIES)
  File "/usr/lib/python2.7/site-packages/dbus/proxies.py", line 68, in
__call__
    return self._proxy_method(*args, **keywords)
  File "/usr/lib/python2.7/site-packages/dbus/proxies.py", line 140, in
__call__
    **keywords)
  File "/usr/lib/python2.7/site-packages/dbus/connection.py", line 630, in
call_blocking
    message, timeout)
dbus.exceptions.DBusException: org.freedesktop.DBus.Error.NoReply: Message
did not receive a reply (timeout by message bus)
Exited with status 1, pid 1765 data (None, <open file '<fdopen>', mode 'w'
at 0x333bed0>, '9ade639fd64cdc11fe37828faffb0dc269f9a4ba')

shell.log was filled with lines like the following:

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/lib/python2.7/site-packages/dbus/connection.py", line 589, in
msg_reply_handler
    *message.get_args_list()))
  File "/usr/lib/python2.7/site-packages/jarabe/model/neighborhood.py", line
212, in __error_handler_cb
    error))
RuntimeError: Error when calling BuddyInfo.GetActivities:
org.freedesktop.DBus.Error.NoReply: Message did not receive a reply (timeout
by message bus)

Pippy, Etoys, Speak, Calculate, Chat, Memorize, Write, Abacus, & IRC did
successfully launch.

See https://bugs.sugarlabs.org/ticket/2892 for the logs.

        --Fred