[SoaS] network issues

roberto roberto03 at gmail.com
Sun Jan 9 10:53:26 EST 2011

On Fri, Dec 17, 2010 at 1:37 PM, Peter Robinson <pbrobinson at gmail.com> wrote:

> You can do that by running the command (as root) "service
> NetworkManager status" and if that has issues do a "service
> NetworkManager restart" to (re)start the service. Also what sort of
> network device is it, wireless network adapters usually use wlan0 etc.
> Did you have to add a driver to make it work to that point?
>
> Peter

i've run
# service NetworkManager status
and it issued the daemon was correctly running;
i've restarted it anyway; no troubles

moreover, if i try
# iwlist scan
my wireless AP is correctly seen and recognized but if i move with F1
to the network view then nothing appears about my AP; only three
"Ad-Hoc wireless network" without any specific name

thank you for your help !
--
roberto