[SoaS] [Announce] Rebuild/Refresh a custom SoaS iso from a running stick

Frederick Grose fgrose at gmail.com
Thu Feb 10 03:04:30 EST 2011

Announcing: SoaS-remix

SoaS-remix is a bundle of edit-liveos.py and supporting scripts to make
testing and use easier.

SoaS-remix includes a late alpha version of edit-liveos.py with a
launcher named 'livecd-disk-to-iso', and temporary versions of fs.py,
live.py, creator.py (pending livecd-tools acceptance).

The SoaS-remix bundle will inject itself into the image, unbundle itself
into /tmp, launch edit-liveos.py (with editable options), then cleanup
/tmp on completion.

The Sugar Clone extensions are now in a Sugar on a Stick repository
clone at http://git.sugarlabs.org/~FGrose/soas/sugar-clone-extensions.

Get the SoaS-remix bundle:

  wget http://people.sugarlabs.org/fgrose/SoaS-remix

See more about the project and a usage recipe at:
http://wiki.sugarlabs.org/go/Sugar_on_a_Stick/Sugar_Clone

Testing would be appreciated.

     --Fred