[SoaS] Let liveusb-creator know how to write dd created USB.img files in the graphical program

Thomas C Gilliard satellit at bendbroadband.com
Thu Dec 1 11:51:37 EST 2011

It would be great to have liveusb-creator know how to write dd created
USB.img files in the graphical program,

I am producing these files for sugarlabs as a way to mass-produce Sugar
on a Stick:
  http://wiki.sugarlabs.org/go/Community/Distributions/Fedora-SoaS#dd_writable_2GB_USB_Soas-v5-Coconut-USB_.img

Currently we write the USB with the command:

  dd if=Soas_Coconuts.img of=/dev/sd(x) bs=2M

dd is very dangerous for the average user (In our case teachers and
students) to employ as it will destroy a hard disk with out warning.

It would be nice to be able to employ the user friendly features of
liveusb-creator:
1-) graphical GUI
2-) ability to specify a local .iso (.img?) file
3-) not showing the local Hard Disk.

Thomas Gilliard