[SoaS] SoaS v5 status update - Apr 26th

Thomas C Gilliard satellit at bendbroadband.com
Tue Apr 26 19:17:30 EDT 2011

Peter Robinson wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> Just a quick status update.
>
> Current outstanding issues with out resolution (in order of importantance):
> 1) NetworkManager API changes. HELP please.
> 2) Secondary toolbars issue
> 3) Browse (mitigated - see below)
>
> Current issues with fixes due soon:
> 1) Browse - Surf should land in the images in the next couple of days
> 2) eToys
>
> Closed issues:
> 1) Turtle Art crashing.
>
> Other issues:
> 1) problems with csound/midi issues - Looks like this isn't just in
> Fedora and is upstream
>
> Does anyone know of any other outstanding issues? Other points,
> problems, thoughts?

Peter:
My 2 cents:

Listed in easiest to hardest:

1-) Restart from main drop-down menu causes shutdown and ejection of CD
(BUG)
    not the same as the Control panel/about me/color change; restart
which returns to gdm login
    - THIS IS THE EXPECTED BEHAVIOR
    Suggest add "Log Out" to drop-down menu to accomplish this (It is
removed in the soas.ks as I remember)
    so that changes can be used on a booted live CD or a non-persistent
USB while they run.

2-) fix sound in record. (It works fine in speak)

3-) Include wireless driver for MacBook Pro i7 (my personal wish list)
so when it is booted from CD with "C" key it is able to connect to a
wireless AP

4-)   a- fix Read or as an alternative:
       b-  sugarize the program evince, so it has access to the journal
ONLY ( PDF file reading ) + add the application edit-8 for opening (txt
files) let these be selected in the "start with" from the file suffixes)

    Tom Gilliard
    satellit