[SoaS] SoaS fixes this week!!

Thomas C Gilliard satellit at bendbroadband.com
Sun Apr 17 09:17:38 EDT 2011

Raffael Reichelt wrote:
> Hello Peter!
>

> 2011/4/16 Peter Robinson <pbrobinson at gmail.com>
>

>> Its unfortunately 64 bit so it won't work on the eeePC but should on
>> the rest. For VMWare you'll need to make sure you configure a x86-64
>> VM.

Confirmed it will not boot on my 9" EeePC900 with external USB CD/DVD
>> For the MBA, what problems are you having? I'm hoping to get a friend
>> to do some testing for me on his Mac.
>>
>> Peter
>>

> That changes something. Assuming it is a 32Bit build I did not give it a try
> to direct efi boot - its working and giving the boot entry an additional
> basic-video parameter the sugar animation shows up ... and I am back to a
> debug shell: first error message seems like mkdir cannot create a directory
> /run. Is this in any way helpfull?

It does boot fine with "C" on power up of the MacBook Pro i7
http://wiki.sugarlabs.org/go/Community/Distributions/Fedora-SoaS#SoaSv5-20110415-i686

NOTE; Do a restart with Control Panel / Color selector and f1 Jabber
connection works with a wired network connection.

I did install it with liveinst on MacBook using 32 bit fedora in
VirtualBox4.0.4 OSX ; but it is quite slow,
Testing on fedora 64 bit (it is much faster)