[SoaS] Finally: painless way to boot soas mango lassi usb on macbookair

Raffael Reichelt raffael.reichelt at googlemail.com
Thu Apr 7 06:47:31 EDT 2011

Hello everyone!

I finally managed it to painlessly boot up my Macbook Air from a 1GB USB
Stick into Mango Lassi! Here is the way to do it:

Prerequisites:

Bootcamp Partition with WIN7
EasyBCD - download at: http://neosmart.net/dl.php?id=1

Procedure:

Run EasyBCD. You need to add a new entry and then install the Bios Extender.
The Bootmenu is showing up with an additional item wich leads to a new
dialog to choose where to boot from (choose USB). Worked immediately. Maybe
someone will give it a try with other Intelmacs.

BTW: Worked only with 32Bit Image,  64Bit Image DID NOT BOOT. I used:
Fedora-14-i686-Live-SoaS.ISO

Regards,

Raffael