[SoaS] [MARKETING] Get Sugar landing page

pbrobinson at gmail.com pbrobinson at gmail.com
Tue Sep 14 16:33:05 EDT 2010

Hi Walter,

On Tue, Sep 14, 2010 at 5:30 PM, Walter Bender <walter.bender at gmail.com> wrote:
> I've been doing some work on the Get Sugar landing page in the wiki,
> which has been the source of some confusion amongst our potential user
> community. My proposed modifications (See
> http://wiki.sugarlabs.org/go/User:Walter/Get_Sugar) are an attempt to
> streamline and consolidate the instructions for first-time users.
> Feedback and testing requested.

Some feedback....

For the Mac side of things I think we would be better dealing with it
from a direct boot option and then having a separate virtualisation
option as in terms of GUI say VirtualBox is the same across all
platforms.

Also I'd like to note that its been discussed in the past about doing
images for particular virtualisation platforms and the reason we've
shied away from that is because all virtualisation platforms support
booting of .iso files and its then easy to do an install from there.
By doing this it allows us to ship and QA a single image and support
it on both physical and virtual platforms. If we support VIrtualBox we
should probably also support VMWare, Hyper-V, KVM and Xen. Who's going
to do all that testing when we have barely the resources to do a
single image.