[SoaS] FYI: maple_syrup-O121_v02_v03 works on my netbook after some changes.

Thomas C Gilliard satellit at bendbroadband.com
Sun Sep 12 11:01:33 EDT 2010

Mentioned in  August 23, 2010
http://planet.sugarlabs.org/

Ubuntu 10.04 LTS with Sugar and many other applications for netbooks
(using EeePC1000HE with external USB HD)

Note:
> http://itd-usr.blogspot.com/2010/08/hi-guys-im-happy-to-announce-release-of.htmlHi
> Sameer,
> There are three users - the password for each account is the username.
> "student" - most restricted account, no install permissions, no
> non-removable disk mounting
> "teacher" - no install permissions, access to student files
> "netbook" - admin account, with superuser privileges
> Good luck!
http://people.sugarlabs.org/~it/maple_syrup-O121_v02_v03.iso
Burned .iso to CD
Booted CD
Used Ubuntu USB Startup Disk Creator to install .iso to 250 GB external
USB HD
Booted  250 GB external  USB HD
logged in as netbook pswd netbook

"system/Main Menu"
properties for sugar changed command sugar to be "sugar-emulator -f"
started education/sugar

did drag-drop to journal from 2nd usb :
http://people.sugarlabs.org/Tgillard/Surf-115.xo
started surf-115 from journal
went to activities (ASLO)
downloaded terminal-31.xo
IRC-5.xo

logged off sugar
restarted sugar so activities would be in f3 ring.

In terminal

sudo apt-get updates
sudo apt-get upgrade

Added ppa:

sudo add-apt-repository ppa:sugarteam/ppa
sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get install ubuntu-sugar-remix

rebooted maple_syrup

Works nicely