[SoaS] Problem SoaS Maribelle

Thomas C Gilliard satellit at bendbroadband.com
Sat Oct 16 08:05:02 EDT 2010

Tabitha Roder wrote:
> HI Sek
> Can you provide more information so we can help you?
> Are you "stopping" activities before starting new activities? Depending on
> your computer, you can usually run a couple of activities at a time but not
> too many.
> Which activities don't work at all?
> What kind of computer are you using? Are you running it in a virtual
> machine?
> Thanks
> Tabitha
>

> On 14 October 2010 11:09, Sek Sitha <seksitha at yahoo.com> wrote:
>

>> Dear Sugar Team!!!
>>

>> I am an education worker in rural area of Cambodia. I am really interested
>> in Soas for my little kids to start with their desktop computer. Our class
>> is starting yet.
>>

>> I have trying to work with soas by myself. For version 3.0 of soas, it does
>> not work well for some activities. They can not be started any more. Also,
>> soas stuck many times.

Hi Sek:

Not all activities will not run on any one version of Soas.

Look at:
http://wiki.sugarlabs.org/go/Features/Soas_V4/ASLOxo_Activity_Test_Table#Activity_Test_Results

this table has comments on what activities will run on different
versions of sugar.

If you are using Soas with persistence, be careful as you can fill up
the overlay if you use the USB stick for too many activities.
 (This is a known problem with the current way we install Soas onto a USB.)

Using Virtual box or installing the Soas disk with the "liveinst" or
zyx-liveinstaller commands will result in a more robust sugar.

Tom Gilliard
satellit