[SoaS] the final sprint to SoaS 4

Peter Robinson pbrobinson at gmail.com
Thu Oct 14 08:24:37 EDT 2010

On Thu, Oct 14, 2010 at 12:56 PM, Walter Bender <walter.bender at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Thu, Oct 14, 2010 at 4:03 AM, Peter Robinson <pbrobinson at gmail.com> wrote:
>> Hi All,
>>
>> We're on the final sprint to SoaS v4....
>>
>> Adam Williamson has created some testing guidelines for Fedora QA for
>> Sugar desktop testing. You can find details here [1] and feedback
>> would be greatly appreciated so we can improve this for the Fedora 15
>> / SoaS v5 cycle.
>>
>> [1] https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Test_Results:Fedora_14_Final_TC1_Desktop
>>
>> From the discussion (that I remember) that Simon, Thomas and I had the
>> other night these were the issues we had:
>> - Terminal issues - fixed with vte 0.26.1 release that will be in
>> stable tomorrow
>> - Physics issues - New version here please test
>> https://admin.fedoraproject.org/updates/sugar-physics-7-1.fc14
>> - gnome-keyring issue. Not fixed yet. Helped wanted. I'm going to try
>> and get time to look at this further today.
>> - Read issue - Going to look at it today
>>
>> Looking through the rest of the list here [2] I'm not sure if there's
>> anything else that's not specific to the XO hardware other than issues
>> with Paint and Colors which I'm not sure what the status is.
>>
>> If there's anything else please speak up NOW!
>
> I would love to drop the new version of Turtle Art in... v100 has lots
> of bug fixes over previous versions.

Like this one ;-)
https://admin.fedoraproject.org/updates/sugar-turtleart-100-1.fc14

> And I would still love to see Abacus and/or Visual Match in the mix...
> Never was clear to me what the inclusion requirements are.

I was hoping to get abacus in but ctyler hasn't finished the package
review and ignores my emails. I'll bother him today on irc

For Activities I've been basically working on 3 main requirements 1)
it works and is actively maintained 2) its part of the core
sucrose/fructose Activities 3) its packaged in Fedora. There are
exceptions to that which are included vaguely along the lines of that
they are well maintained, popular and are good for demonstrations.
Physics is one of these, Abacus was also going to be one of these as
its a good demo for an easy to hack on Activity.