[SoaS] the final sprint to SoaS 4

Peter Robinson pbrobinson at gmail.com
Thu Oct 14 07:10:36 EDT 2010

On Thu, Oct 14, 2010 at 12:04 PM, Thomas C Gilliard
<satellit at bendbroadband.com> wrote:

> Peter Robinson wrote:
>>
>> Hi All,
>>
>> We're on the final sprint to SoaS v4....
>>
>> Adam Williamson has created some testing guidelines for Fedora QA for
>> Sugar desktop testing. You can find details here [1] and feedback
>> would be greatly appreciated so we can improve this for the Fedora 15
>> / SoaS v5 cycle.
>>
>> [1]
>> https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Test_Results:Fedora_14_Final_TC1_Desktop
>>
>> >From the discussion (that I remember) that Simon, Thomas and I had the
>> other night these were the issues we had:
>> - Terminal issues - fixed with vte 0.26.1 release that will be in
>> stable tomorrow
>> - Physics issues - New version here please test
>> https://admin.fedoraproject.org/updates/sugar-physics-7-1.fc14
>> - gnome-keyring issue. Not fixed yet. Helped wanted. I'm going to try
>> and get time to look at this further today.
>> - Read issue - Going to look at it today
>>
>> Looking through the rest of the list here [2] I'm not sure if there's
>> anything else that's not specific to the XO hardware other than issues
>> with Paint and Colors which I'm not sure what the status is.
>>
>> If there's anything else please speak up NOW!.
>>

> Daily testing  of Nightly Composes:
>
> http://wiki.sugarlabs.org/go/Talk:Sugar_on_a_Stick_release_process#Test_Matrix
>
> lists several bugs in latest nightly composes:
>
> http://bugs.sugarlabs.org/ticket/2289
>
> #2289 sugar freezes when register widget is clicked (if Server is
> unresponsive)

known issue, due to be fixed in sugar 0.90.1 release

> http://bugs.sugarlabs.org/ticket/2339
>
> #2339: [tracking] new dependency on gnome-keyring-daemon

Discussed above, please read the mail.

> http://bugs.sugarlabs.org/ticket/2351
>
> #2351: sugar 0.89.6 Control Panel:software update not working

I don't particular care, we don't use a.sl.o so its not going to pull
updates from there anyway. I suspect the "not working" is in fact
working fine but it doesn't find updates because we're not the same
source.

> http://bugs.sugarlabs.org/ticket/2355#comment:10
>
> #2355: wrong names of format xxxxxxxxxx at jabber,sugarlabs.org in latest
> telepathy-
> gabble neighborhood view-still present in F14 Updates testing

No idea on this one. Tomeu?

> http://bugs.sugarlabs.org/ticket/2395
>
> #2395: Use of Color Selector in CP: About Me causes telepathy-gabble to lose
> F1
> Avitars on jabber

I thought this was fixed in the latest telepathy* updates (which won't
be in the nightly spin yet)

> http://bugs.sugarlabs.org/ticket/2432  (see also #2289 above)
>
> #2432: Use of "Register" on F3 dropdown menu Hangs running
> soas-i386-20101008.16.iso CD

This is the same as above.

> And of course the read issues....

Already mentioned in the original mail.