[SoaS] the final sprint to SoaS 4

Thomas C Gilliard satellit at bendbroadband.com
Thu Oct 14 07:04:42 EDT 2010

Peter Robinson wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> We're on the final sprint to SoaS v4....
>
> Adam Williamson has created some testing guidelines for Fedora QA for
> Sugar desktop testing. You can find details here [1] and feedback
> would be greatly appreciated so we can improve this for the Fedora 15
> / SoaS v5 cycle.
>
> [1] https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Test_Results:Fedora_14_Final_TC1_Desktop
>
> >From the discussion (that I remember) that Simon, Thomas and I had the
> other night these were the issues we had:
> - Terminal issues - fixed with vte 0.26.1 release that will be in
> stable tomorrow
> - Physics issues - New version here please test
> https://admin.fedoraproject.org/updates/sugar-physics-7-1.fc14
> - gnome-keyring issue. Not fixed yet. Helped wanted. I'm going to try
> and get time to look at this further today.
> - Read issue - Going to look at it today
>
> Looking through the rest of the list here [2] I'm not sure if there's
> anything else that's not specific to the XO hardware other than issues
> with Paint and Colors which I'm not sure what the status is.
>
> If there's anything else please speak up NOW!.

Daily testing  of Nightly Composes:

http://wiki.sugarlabs.org/go/Talk:Sugar_on_a_Stick_release_process#Test_Matrix

lists several bugs in latest nightly composes:

http://bugs.sugarlabs.org/ticket/2289

#2289 sugar freezes when register widget is clicked (if Server is unresponsive)

http://bugs.sugarlabs.org/ticket/2339

#2339: [tracking] new dependency on gnome-keyring-daemon

http://bugs.sugarlabs.org/ticket/2351

#2351: sugar 0.89.6 Control Panel:software update not working

http://bugs.sugarlabs.org/ticket/2355#comment:10

#2355: wrong names of format xxxxxxxxxx at jabber,sugarlabs.org in latest telepathy-
gabble neighborhood view-still present in F14 Updates testing

http://bugs.sugarlabs.org/ticket/2395

#2395: Use of Color Selector in CP: About Me causes telepathy-gabble to lose F1
Avitars on jabber

http://bugs.sugarlabs.org/ticket/2432  (see also #2289 above)

#2432: Use of "Register" on F3 dropdown menu Hangs running
soas-i386-20101008.16.iso CD

And of course the read issues....

Tom Gilliard
satellit