[SoaS] download/installation problems

dbclinton dbclin at gmail.com
Sun Oct 10 16:29:51 EDT 2010

Hi,
I'm afraid I'm having repeated problems getting my Sugar experience off
the ground and I need some help. I'm running Ubuntu 10.04 and I've
downloaded SoaS at least three different times (the most recent as a
32bit torrent from http://spins.fedoraproject.org/soas/#downloads)
and each package has failed. My latest attempt failed its sha1sum test
(this was also the case with at least one of the first two download's
hash results).
In any case, assuming at least one of the first two packages I
downloaded was intact, I created USB boot disks from each and managed to
get the boot process going, only to face this fatal message:

"no root device found boot has failed
sleeping forever"

while the sleep part certainly was inviting, it didn't further my Sugar
aspirations. Any ideas?
By the way, I did briefly try the Sugar-emulator (0.88) from the Ubuntu
repositories, but I didn't find it to be particularly stable and was
hoping for something better with SoaS.

Thanks,
David