[SoaS] Update Karma points for Sugar 0.90 --- Current Summary
simon at schampijer.de
Fri Oct 1 05:26:36 EDT 2010
Disclaimer: I am asking for help. And I am sharing my experiences:
Sugar 0.90 has been packaged thanks to Peter in no time. Currently the
packages are in updates-testing. They need three Karma points to get
into the stable branch and hence can be included in the nightly builds.
Only three points, I hear you say? Sounds easy enough. And actually here
are the good news, it is easy enough!
You can do the following:
=== Install latest Soas and install the 0.90 rpms ===
- grab the latest build from
http://alt.fedoraproject.org/pub/alt/nightly-composes/soas/ and put it
on a stick
- when you booted successfully open a terminal et root:
- then you can install the latest packages with:
yum update --enablerepo=updates-testing [package-name]
example: yum update --enablerepo=updates-testing sugar
- What should update you all the packages is the following command:
yum groupinstall --enablerepo=updates-testing sugar-desktop
- then it is good to enable the sugar logs before restarting sugar, in a
terminal edit .sugar/debug and un-comment the last line (use your editor
of choice here)
- you now need to restart sugar and start you testing
- Tip-of-the-day: if you want to see the current version of an installed
package you can use the following command in the terminal (no need to be
rpm -q [package-name]
example: rpm -q sugar
=== Give the Karma points ===
After all the hard work of testing you will want to share your results.
You can update the karma points at:
Yes you need to have an account for that, but it is easy to do. The
packages below needs updating - and as you see I have done my job as well :)
Of course you can as well ask questions here, if you are unsure if
something is a bug or not or if you just want to congratulate the team
for their work - please drop us a line.
=== Known Issues ===
Here is a list of current Issues in the F14 Soas builds I have found so far:
- Gnome keyring pops up at first start:
---> At least a new behavior, if not fixable it should be documented
what to do.
- Physics crashes: http://bugs.sugarlabs.org/ticket/2363
---> We had a similar issue in Sugar, the same fix can be applied here.
- Calculate does not start: http://bugs.sugarlabs.org/ticket/2245
---> Version 34 fixes it, has to be packaged
- Terminal: Can not scroll when using less: "Warning Terminal is not
fully functional". On the XO builds I could not edit files with Vi
neither which works here ok. There was a new version of VTE in
updates-testing (0.26.0-1) but that one did not fix that issue.
---> Maybe someone could test the gnome-terminal if that functions.
- Activity icon not disappearing from the neighborhood view
---> Tomeu has a fix in Gabble and is verifying now if that happens
on Salut as well.
- Sharing button not updated when resuming a previously-shared activity
---> Tomeu is on that one as well.
What started as a five minutes project turned out to take me a few
minutes more :) - I hope you enjoyed the reading and we will see
positive Karma points spreading all around.
More information about the SoaS