[SoaS] IRC-7 on updated Soas-v3-mirabelle possible Bug?

Thomas C Gilliard satellit at bendbroadband.com
Sat Nov 20 16:07:00 EST 2010

Hello:

alsroot said to contact you about the Control Panel Activity upgrade to
IRC-7 I just did for Soas-v3-Mirabelle in Virtual box on a MacBook Air.

IRC -7 works well as it starts in #sugar. I can talk/receive
then I do a /join #sugar-meeting. and it talks
I then shut down the activity.
I then resume the activity.
The 2 tabs show but i get a "*/no one to talk to" message. And though
the logins show on IRC on another PC with XChat, My typed messages do not.

Fix is to exit and do a "Start New" for IRC. Then I get #sugar only and
I can talk.

Any thing you can do about this would be appreciated.

Cordially;
Tom Gilliard
satellit on freenode #sugar IRC
Bend, Or. USA

In IRC-6 I used to use gedit to add lines to IRC.py for other channels
and it worked as a workaround for multiple channels on startup; as the
checkbox on the tab (rt click) never functioned .
This seems to be completely different in your rewrite. Where would one
add his user name/ IRC server and channel list, if he wanted to manually
edit IRC-7?