[SoaS] [Sugar-devel] SoaS 4 - Mango Lassi is out.

James Cameron quozl at laptop.org
Tue Nov 16 06:18:36 EST 2010

On Tue, Nov 16, 2010 at 08:33:16PM +1000, David Leeming wrote:
> Pressing shift at boot time was the missing info that I needed. It
> works OK.

That suggests #617115 is the cause, but it is not as conclusive as I
would like.  If you could please confirm that the package that was the
ultimate solution to #617115 ... is _not_ installed, then I'll take that
as conclusive.

If so, the ultimate fix would then be to re-release SoaS 4 - Mango Lassi
with the fixed package ... which was pushed on 2010-09-04, yet the
release was on 2010-11-02, so I'd be surprised if it wasn't already
there.

I think it is more likely that you have a different problem that lends
itself to the same workaround.

> Is this a hardware issue? I am unclear whether this is happening to
> everyone or just some of us.

I don't know how often this is happening to others.  That would be
interesting to know.  If it happens 100% of the time, it really ought to
be fixed, and either the spin redone or withdrawn.

If you have an instance of #617115 then it is entirely a software issue,
and should be fixed.  It seems somewhat fundamental.  However, if the
SoaS 4 - Mango Lassi works fine for others, it seems unlikely to be
caused by the problem at the heart of #617115.

--
James Cameron
http://quozl.linux.org.au/