[SoaS] CD helper for v3 Mirabelle

Peter Robinson pbrobinson at gmail.com
Mon Nov 1 04:48:14 EDT 2010

On Mon, Nov 1, 2010 at 3:54 AM, Matt Wronkiewicz <matt at wronkiewicz.net> wrote:
> On Sun, Oct 31, 2010 at 2:15 PM, Peter Robinson <pbrobinson at gmail.com> wrote:
>> Why would you want to use a boot helper CD with virtual solutions that
>> will boot the image directly without issues or the added
>> complications?
>
> The problem, well, one of the problems I was trying to solve was
> booting the USB stick in a virtual machine. This could be handy, for
> example as a way for students to bring their USB sticks home and work
> on them without rebooting the family computer. Is there a recommended
> way to install Sugar on a Stick inside a virtual machine so it saves
> its state across reboots?

Yes, you attach the .iso file as a virtual CD drive to the virtual
machine and boot it up. From the Terminal Activity run liveinst and
install Sugar directly to the HD of the VM reboot and you have a
persistent install of sugar. You can then get updates and fixes to the
release of Sugar throughout the life cycle.