[SoaS] [Marketing] sunjammer hosted Mirabell; A suggestion.

Mel Chua mel at melchua.com
Fri May 28 09:26:17 EDT 2010

> On Tue, May 25, 2010 at 8:57 PM, Sean DALY <sdaly.be at gmail.com> wrote:
>> In this case, I think this is a good candidate for documentation, a
>> how-to page/PDF for tryers of Mirabelle explaining what ASLO is and
>> how to use it. And... the issues that may arise with some Activities.

ASLO is definitely important to have usage instructions for. That
seems like a general "things people who use Sugar should know" item
rather than a SoaS-specific thing, though - so counterproposal:

Counterproposal: the SoaS-specific instructions
(http://download.sugarlabs.org/soas/docs/creation-kit/) should be for
things only SoaS users need to know - in otther words, "here's how to
make a working stick, and put it in your computer and boot it." At the
point that they've booted and are in the Sugar environment, they're a
"normal Sugar user" - since one of the main objectives of SoaS is to
be a super-easy way to deliver the Sugar experience.

Perhaps we should add a "what's next?" or "how to use Sugar" section
to the end of the creation kit,  pointing to
http://en.flossmanuals.net/sugar or whatever the best set of "how to
use Sugar" introductions is these days. If this sounds good, I'm happy
to work with folks on patches to the documentation - see
http://wiki.sugarlabs.org/go/Sugar_on_a_Stick/Documentation_SOP for
instructions.

That way, ASLO usage instructions can be added directly to the general
Sugar usage directions and are more available for all Sugar users, not
just SoaS. Less duplication of information == win!

Again, just waiting for someone to step up and make the patches, happy
to help if guidance is needed. ;-)

--Mel